Our boys wrestle.
Usually it is all in good fun, but last week things got quite heated many times. The pushing and shoving was out of anger, not play.
At one point, everyone just needed a time out, including me, so we went to our separate rooms to calm down. After a few minutes, Big J came to me and said…
“Maybe we should watch Happy Together so we can remember how to be nice.”
Sometimes four-year-olds can be brilliant.
The movie he is referring to is a wonderful new compilation from Veggie Tales…
Happy Together is a collection of three previous Veggie Tales movies – Sheerluck Holmes and the Golden Ruler, The Grapes of Wrath and Esther (none of which we owned already – score!) – that highlight healthy and happy relationships with others! And of course there are some silly songs thrown is as well!
Can I just add that Pants is one of my new favorite silly songs?! So funny!
What makes this collection fun and new is the “in-between” stuff – interviews from real children with their voices then put to illustrated veggies! Super cute way to pull the whole theme of family, faith and friendship together throughout the DVD!
This DVD was such a blessing when we were having trouble being “happy together” and those veggies always lighten the mood and teach us something important!
And I’m excited to bless one of YOU with a Happy Together DVD of your own!
Just leave a little comment about your happy place – real or imaginary! – to be entered!
And if you’d like a few extra entries (not required, of course) just leave a comment for each of these you choose to do…
*Follow @VeggieTales on Twitter
*”Like” Veggie Tales on Facebook
*Tweet about this happy giveaway on Twitter by copying and pasting this tweet: C’mon get happy! Win the “Happy Together” DVD from @VeggieTales and @homewiththeboys! http://bit.ly/fJSeXw
*Post about this giveaway on Facebook or your blog, including this link: http://bit.ly/fJSeXw
This giveaway is open until Sunday, February 6th at 9:00 p.m. CST. The winner will be chosen by random.org and posted next Monday!
I received a copy of this DVD to review from Veggie Tales. I did not receive any other form of compensation for this post and all opinions are 100% my own!
And now on to the many other blessings of the past week…
161. Date night!
162. Date night WITH a Groupon!
163. A sweet, encouraging email from a reader.
164. The hubby safe at home in the middle of winter weather.
165. A FABULOUS speaker at MOPS talking about anger. (I think this deserves it’s own post.)
166. A surprise package from the hubby – look for the contents on Wednesday’s What I Wore post!
167. Finally watching Julie and Julia. Love.
168. Lots of talking time with the hubs.
169. God’s clear direction.
170. “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.” Proverbs 15:22
171. Listening to Big J read to others.
172. Family movie night snuggles.
173. Flowers from Big J – all his idea on a trip to the grocery store with Daddy.
174. Playing Words with Friends with the hubs.
176. Knowing I am blessed and that anything that makes me feel otherwise is NOT from God.
177. Little J singing Bible verses from memory.
178. This post. At just the right time.
179. “I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” -Psalm 40:1-2, our Seeds Family Worship verse of the week
180. Big decisions. God’s timing. His Will be done.
Praying you have a HAPPY week!