“31 Days of All Things Woman” would not be complete without a discusion of movies women love – also known as chick flicks!
Today, I’ve picked ten of my favorites to share with you – it was HARD to narrow it down but I knew all of these on the list had to be there! I did include an honorable mention at the end for other chick flicks I just love.
These aren’t necessarily in any order, but the first three are my FAVORITES.
I hope you enjoy my list and add your own ideas in the comments!
Top Ten Favorite Chick Flicks
1. Sleepless in Seattle – Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are magic together. Just the right mix of sappy and funny. I can quote the whole movie. And the soundtrack is simply lovely.
2. You’ve Got Mail – Hanks and Ryan do it again. I honestly can’t say which one I love more. I can quote this one as well. And another great soundtrack.
3. Pride and Prejudice – Oh be still my heart. The one with Keira Knightley. I love it so much I put it on my iPad to keep me company on my plane ride back from a conference last year. A beautiful, beautiful film.
4. Return to Me – Please tell me you have seen this. David Duchovny and Minnie Driver. You will cry your eyes out, but it is so wonderful. It is very clean and has a somewhat old-fashioned feel to it – love that.
5. Sense and Sensibility – Can you tell I like these period films? And this one makes me laugh and cry. I love Emma Thompson, and Hugh Grant makes such a perfect bumbling romantic fool.
6. The Proposal – I laugh so hard I cry EVERY TIME I watch this. Sandra Bullock is another one of my favorites. And Ryan Reynolds – hello?!
7. Much Ado About Nothing – I’m afraid many of you may have missed this, but listen to the cast: Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Robert Sean Leonard, Kate Beckinsale, Keanu Reeves and I’m sure I’m missing someone. It is marvelous. And I’m a sucker for Shakespeare in any form – written, stage or film.
8. My Best Friend’s Wedding – Talk about a GREAT soundtrack. Julia Roberts is hilarious. The “happy ending” is not what usually happens in a chick flick. Love it.
9. Gone with the Wind – I needed to include a classic and what says “classic” more than Gone with the Wind?! Confession: I have the read the entire 1,000+ page book more times than I’ve seen the movie.
10. Hope Floats – This was my chick flick addiction during my first year of college. I won’t admit how many times I sat on my bed watching it and bawling my eyes out. Sandra Bullock again, but with Harry Connick, Jr. this time. And the little girl is super duper cute.
Honorable mention goes to…
Can’t Buy Me Love, 27 Dresses, Devil Wears Prada, Emma, Runaway Bride, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, The Holiday, Sweet Home Alabama, A Walk to Remember, American President, An Affair to Remember, While You Were Sleeping, and on and on and on…
Ok, I’m just going to start a Pinterest board to pay homage to all of the great chick flicks out there as I remember them. I wouldn’t want any of them feeling left out!
Now, what are YOUR favorites?
I’m linking up to “Top Ten Tuesday” over at Oh Amanda’s perfectly purple place today! Have fun browsing through all the lists!