I have included affiliate links below. When you purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting this site and our sponsorship of our Compassion child, Samson!
I have had more compliments on my hair in the last few weeks than I can remember in a long time. Not bragging, just stating the facts.
While I’m flattered, I thought it time to reveal the real star behind these great locks. Let me introduce you to my hair’s best friend…
A curling wand. The Hot Tools HTBW1852 Curly-Q Tapered Nanoceramic Curling Iron, to be exact.
One of my best friends is a hair stylist and she knows the goods for getting great hair, so this was an amazing gift she gave me last year. My hair is stick straight and does not normally hold curl well, but with this curling wand, the style will last for a couple days, only needing a few touch-ups!
The secret is the high heat, which also makes it slightly dangerous for a klutz like me. And that’s why you MUST wear the glove that comes with it. Just think of it as a nod to the late great Michael Jackson. You can even listen to a little “Thriller” while you curl if that floats your boat.
I would do a video, but I think I might kill myself trying to demonstrate this all. Or at least subject myself to serious burns. Pinterest has all sorts of more professional curling wand tutorials and I pinned some on my Style: Hair board. I leave the step-by-step videos to them. But rest assured that if I can do it, you can do it!
I can give you these few tips from my stylist best friend…
- Spray your hair with a light hair spray before your curl, then section off the top and work on the bottom first.
- Second or third day hair works GREAT for this.
- Small sections of hair will give you tighter curls. Larger sections will give you loose waves. I go somewhere in-between usually.
- Wrap the section of hair around the wand away from your face in the front. Further back in your hair, you can mix up the direction of wrapping.
- Spray after your curl to set everything.
- I shake my hair a little after I’m all done curling to give it a little more body.
My hubby loves the “beachy wave” look and I love how long it lasts – win-win! And it’s less than $35 for my hair’s best friend – worth every penny and more!